Thursday, March 18, 2021

A Slice Is Born

 "Maybe I take the night off," I say to my husband. 

I've been sitting for what feels like hours in front of my computer, struggling to put thoughts into coherent words. It's not that I have a lack of ideas, it's just that everything that comes to mind needs time and nurturing, two things in short supply tonight.

"Unh-uh," my husband responds.

"What?" I'm a bit taken aback. He's always been supportive of my writing, but I wasn't expecting him to be this supportive.

"Nope. Write a short poem or something. Taking one night off is easy to lead to two or three. Stay the course. That's what the Crown would do."

I laugh at the tie-in to the show we've been watching lately. I'm not sure I see a connection, but okay. Besides, my blank screen has suddenly filled with words. And once again, I owe my husband a debt of gratitude for his support for this crazy annual endeavor of mine.




2 comments:

  1. "Stay the course"--so simple and so profound. Such good advice. I do love how slices can find us when we're least expecting it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!