Sunday, March 26, 2017

Wonder Why I Wonder


You think I don't notice
the subtleties
But I do.

You should know me better
And you do.

Perhaps you send them
like a secret code
Waiting
Hoping
For me to decipher
And spell it out
So you don't have to.

We stand 
Frozen
Side by side
But distance
in between.

Inside
I'm a flurry 
of activity
Fear
Sadness
Loneliness 
Hope 
Longing
Weaving in and out
In a frenetic dance
Set to a primal beat.

Then,
Just when I think
I know how this dance will
end
Unexpected 
flashes of light
A spark
A connection

And I wonder 
why I wonder.

4 comments:

  1. Marriage is tough and takes lots of work from both husband and wife. It's difficult when you don't feel like you are on the same page or seeing eye to eye. I liked how you captured the unknown and subtle things you notice. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! You are right about marriage taking a lot of work from both. When you find a way to reconnect after feeling that distance, the hanging on feels definitely worth it.

      Delete
  2. Your poem so aptly conveys the ups & downs of marriage. I've experienced that inside flurry of activity and the unexpected flashes of light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what marriage is all about, right? Hanging on during the tough times in order to enjoy the good times that are just around the bend.

      Delete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!