Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Getting Better

I must admit this morning I was feeling a bit grumbly. (Yes, I'm aware that's not a real word, but somehow it fits better than any real word could.) A conversation from last night kept replaying in my head, and I was not particularly liking its implications. The weather wasn't helping my mood any either. Another gray, drizzly day when it should be warm and sunny. Winter has turned out to be a big bully this year, chasing away spring every time it gently tries to make an appearance.

But I don't want to write about that. And I don't want to write about work and the three new students who will be added to my classes upon my return. And I definitely don't want to write about all the grading I should be doing right now, but really, really, REALLY don't want to.

So, instead I will write about a single text message I received a little while ago from my son, who is still three days away from his spring break. 

Love you mom hope your having a good day.

I wasn't, but it just got a whole lot better.



2 comments:

  1. It seems like it must be time for big bully winter to weather away and disappear. Hope it happens soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We still had some clouds today, but no rain and there was sunshine, so I'm happy!

      Delete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!