Monday, March 13, 2023

Wrong Time

I have a habit that no doubt many would find annoying: I don't change the time on the clock in my car. Yes, that means that for half the year I drive around with it showing the incorrect time. It's not really a problem. Usually I know the hour; it's just the minutes I look at. So, really it's something I seldom notice.

Last week, however, my husband took my car in to be serviced. You can imagine my horror when I discovered upon its return that they had reset my clock! It was three days before Daylight Saving Time! Why would they do such a horrible thing???

It threw me off, too. I got in my car this afternoon to go pick up my son from track practice. I was a little stressed because I had been setting up for tomorrow's Open House and had left a little later than I had intended. As I drove to pick him up, I glanced at the clock. 3:11? What? I didn't have to pick him up until 4:30. Was I losing it and had left an hour earlier than I needed to? Then I remembered. The damn clock had been reset.

It's going to take some getting used to having my clock tell me the wrong time for the wrong half of the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!