Wednesday, March 22, 2023

It Can't Be Easy Being the Husband of a Slicer

Every year during the Slice of Life Writing Challenge, I feel compelled to give a shout-out to my husband. I would not be able to take the time to write and read and respond to other bloggers without his support. Many nights, he's in the kitchen cooking dinner after a long day at work while I'm furiously tapping away on my computer. Whenever I express guilt over the time I'm taking to write, he always assures me that he doesn't mind. 

Some nights, though, I'm sure he wishes I would hurry up and hit "publish" already. One night recently I was trying to finish up my writing while he and I were seated on the couch and my son was nearby in the recliner. The t.v. was on and both my husband and son seemed particularly chatty. This was a bit of a problem for me as I was trying to work out the ending to the story I was working on and I couldn't concentrate. I don't remember what I said exactly, but I do remember my husband's response.

"I haven't seen you all day and I have things to say," he said.

Not looking up from my computer, I offhandedly remarked, "Write them down."

"Wow! Put that in your blog and smoke it," he retorted. We both burst out laughing.

Well, honey, I'm not sure how to smoke it, but I did put it in my blog. Thank you for the story!



4 comments:

  1. A very good idea. Please tell your husband I appreciate what he does to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry, but this is hysterical. I love how supportive he is; I can relate as mine does the same! He even guest blogged for the day after I had surgery last week so I wouldn't mess up my streak! 😜

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a post that everyone married to a slicer probably deserves to have written for them! There does end up being extra slack that they need to pick up on--or at least time that they get ignored. I love that you wrote about this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that is funny. How amazing to have a husband who will cook dinner while you finish your slice and comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!