Saturday, March 18, 2023

Preview Day

 Yesterday was not a typical Friday. I had taken the day off so I could drive my son to a track meet two hours away, and my husband was going in to work late because he had inventory that night. Because of this, our morning wasn't the usual rush, allowing me to linger over my coffee and morning perusal of social media and email. I wasn't totally lazy, though. Two loads of laundry were completed, including being folded and put away.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" my husband asked.

"Do you have time?"

"Yeah. I don't have to be there by any particular time."

We donned our walking shoes and set out, following our usual path around our neighborhood.

"It's weird going for a walk at nine o'clock in the morning on a weekday," I remarked.

"It's a preview of how things are going to be," he responded.

Funny. I had been thinking the same thing. 

And I have to say, based on that little preview, I can't wait for the real thing.



1 comment:

  1. That sounds so nice! I am glad you got a little taste of something nice to look forward to

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!