Friday, March 31, 2023

#SOL23 Lessons Learned

It is tradition, I suppose, on this final day of the Slice of Life Story Challenge to reflect on the experience.

Over the last 30 days, this is what I've learned. . .

  • that I still have things to say
  • that the words may not always come easily, but they do come
  • that faulty attempts are better than no attempt at all
  • that I have much to be thankful for
  • that I need to embrace, and not apologize for, my truths
  • that not all truths need to be revealed to the outside world
  • that the past is a source of my joy not sorrow
  • that I can choose a different path
  • that there are moments of joy tucked in the folds of each and every day
  • that my writing has meaning even if others do not see it
  • that I don't have all --or any-- of the answers, but I do know how to question
  • that dark and stormy days are always followed by days of light and beauty . . . eventually
  • that even when I am not writing, I am still a writer
I appreciate the friends, family, and fellow Slicers who have accompanied me on this journey. Thank you for your inspiration and your words of encouragement.




5 comments:

  1. I love these. Especially "that faulty attempts are better than no attempt at all" and "that even when I am not writing, I am still a writer." Congratulations on finishing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your reflection. So many of the things you learned resonated with me too, especially "that there are moments of joy tucked in the folds of each and every day." Thank you for putting into words something that writing does for me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ramona! The trick is to keep looking for those moments even if they don't get written about.

      Delete
  3. Yes, even when we aren't writing, we're writers. I love the slice challenge because it welcomes me back to my writing self each year. And those little moments of joy that are folded into each day. I take those for granted and forget to look for them and appreciate them the rest of the year. March is a reminder that they're always there if I only open my eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!